Sunday, May 24, 2015

Photo Update - 5/24/15

We got to the park around 3:00 on Sunday afternoon, the weekend of Memorial Day, and the park was packed - not unmanageable, but packed. We even had a hard time finding a parking spot in the Prefered lot, but we did and headed on inside. As always, here's a few photos I snapped...
I'm not sure if any of my findings are new, or they are just things I didn't notice opening weekend but either way...they painted over the name of the park on the giant iconic pretzel! It's been a great photo op because the pretzel told you where the photo was taken! Now it's just a pretzel!? You can see where they just painted right over the Dutch Wonderland lettering, not necessarily in this picture but in person you can. I hope they replace the letters soon.

The Wonderers were out this weekend, making their debut for the 2015 season. They sounded great and noting beats some live music in the park.

This was the insane line for Double Splash Flume around 4:00. The line filled the queue, crossed the bridge and was quite lengthy out into the little plaza behind the Aqua Stadium. Bon Voyage Balloon Chase was also hosting a full queue as well.

Was this Rita's here before? Because I'm sure it wasn't. This is on the side of the Aqua Stadium near it's entrance. There used to be a little arts and crafts stand here which is now over by the Celebration Theater. So excited to have another food option for my kids to bug me for.


I think the themeing in Exploration Island is great. The music they have playing back here really gives the park a "major theme park" feel. The beginning of May was my first time experiencing the new island but since then they've added a permanent structure for the dinosaur gift shop, called Artifacts, and they've added a second Gem Mining location. The gift shop building is cute with a cartoony dig site illustration up and down the sides.  My 2 year old daughter requested the dinosaurs repeatedly and the Dino Dig site (or sandbox as she calls it) is her favorite attraction in the park.











No comments:

Post a Comment