Sunday, June 24, 2012

Your DW Pass at Hersheypark

I was curious to see if my Dutch Wonderland season pass would offer me any benefits once inside Hersheypark...

Dutch Wonderland is no longer owned by the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company, but there is still some association between the two parks. Both parks offer a Gold Pass as a Season Pass option which entitles the holder to unlimited admission to both The Sweetest Place on Earth and the Kingdom for Kids for a whole calendar year. Beyond that offer, regular season pass holders of Dutch Wonderland can receive $10.00 off a full-day admission to Hersheypark.

We went to Hershey this past week. I had Comp. tickets from last year, but figured it wouldn't hurt to see if my DW pass would allow me any other discounts or benefits once at Hersheypark. It was a hit or miss affair, but mostly hit!
  • I received free parking in the Hersheypark parking lot. That's a savings of $12.00!
  • We got a discount on lunch at Minetown Restaurant. (I forgot to check exactly what the discount was, but it was considerable.)
  • I also got a discount on treats at the Turkey Hill Ice Cream Parlor in the Boardwalk section.
  • The only time I was denied a discount was at one of the large gift shops just before you exit through the turnstiles.
Even though the Dutch Wonderland Season Pass Privileges and Guidelines states only the $10.00 discount for tickets, it's obviously worthwhile to bring your DW pass along and just ask. It can't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment